Rules for participation in classes
- Course classes are held following the schedule provided on the notice board of the Department of Bioinformatics and Telemedicine of Jagiellonian University Medical College at Kopernika street 7e. The schedule is also available in the course materials on the Pegaz learning management platform: https://pegaz.uj.edu.pl
- Only healthy persons who display no symptoms of an infectious disease may participate in classes. Students who are ill, who are undergoing quarantine or home isolation because of contact with another infected person, or who are under quarantine or home isolation themselves, cannot participate in classes.
- If a participant shows symptoms of an infectious disease, the teacher should be informed immediately. Such a person will be asked to leave the classroom and (if required by pandemic regulations) will be isolated in a separate room with a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others.
- Only people with mouth and nose coverings may enter the building and classes. Face mask rules apply to the entire building where classes are held. If nose and mouth protectors have to be removed for any reason, a distance of 1.5 meters from others must be maintained.
- After entering the building and before entering the classroom, students should thoroughly disinfect their hands.
- Students must wait in front of the classroom to start their classes. Formation of groups of students before, during and after classes should be avoided; a minimum distance of 1.5 m must be maintained.
- Only students, academic teachers and technical staff are allowed in the rooms where the classes are held.
- During classes, students are required to keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters from other persons in each direction.
- Presence at all classes is obligatory.
- Absence from classes must be excused by a sick leave document from a doctor or permission from the dean’s office. Students are obliged to make up missed classes. How this will be achieved should be agreed with the course coordinator.
Regulations for classes in the computer labs of the Department of Bioinformaticsand Telemedicine, Jagiellonian University Medical College
- Computers in the labs are intended for students of Jagiellonian University Medical College during scheduled learning activities.
- Other persons may use the computer workstations when granted permission by the Head of the Department.
- Teachers are entitled to use the first aid kit in the computer labs in the case of an emergency.
- Students should wait for classes to begin near the computer lab doors and enter and leave the lab on the instruction of teachers.
- It is forbidden to bring or consume drinks or meals in the computer labs.
- It is forbidden to talk loudly, discuss topics not concerning the classes, walk freely around the rooms and use mobile phones (including taking pictures and recording audio or video materials) during classes without the consent of the teacher.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or muted during classes.
- The dress rules in force at the Faculty of Medicine of Jagiellonian University Medical College are also applicable for computer labs.
- In autumn and winter, students should use the cloakroom located on the ground floor of the building.
Hardware and software
- It is forbidden to plug electronic devices (in particular, mobile phone chargers) into electrical sockets in the computer labs.
- It is forbidden to manipulate or change the configuration of electrical equipment in the rooms, such as multimedia projectors, printers, air conditioning, heating systems, etc.
- Students are forbidden to change the configuration of computers (including desktop wallpapers), violate security settings, or repair hardware; technical problems with hardware, network access or software should be reported to the teacher immediately.
- It is forbidden to install new or uninstall currently installed software on computers and to remove didactic materials from them.
- It is forbidden to run software installed on computers which is not intended to be used in the class without asking for consent from the teacher.
- It is forbidden to use, copy or plagiarize someone else’s work. Action will be taken (including failure to pass the course) against students who submit someone else’s work for assessment, use answer keys for tests, or are otherwise involved in dishonest academic behavior.
- It is forbidden to distribute outside the class didactic and examination materials from computers in the computer lab or the Pegaz learning management platform.
- It is forbidden to use computers to view, download and distribute content that is not part of the course program.
- It is forbidden to use the computers for the illegal viewing, downloading or dissemination of data.
- It is forbidden to access or copy other students’ data.
- After the end of a class, on the instruction of the teacher, students should delete their data from the computers and turn them off.
- Students are responsible for their data on computers and for correct logout from websites at the end of classes.
- The intellectual property rights of teaching materials available on the learning management system of Jagiellonian University Medical College are protected by law.
- The technical staff of the Department provide assistance in the event of problems with computer hardware, network access, or installed software.
- In exceptional situations, non-academic staff members of the department may replace or support the teachers in conducting the classes.